We currently have over 150 members. There is a wide range of ages, abilities and aspirations in our membership so there is no such thing as a ‘typical’ Farnham Runner.
If you think you’d like to have a go then we welcome newcomers at any of our training sessions where you should make yourself known to a committee member.
What do I get?
Members are entitled to:
- Use of the facilities at our Club House
- Attend any of our training sessions
- Participate in the Club Championship and Club Handicap races
- Accumulate Grand Prix points during the season – and points mean prizes!!
- A reduced entry fee when entering road races
- Attend any of our social events
- A discount at selected local sports stores, companies and organisations (show your UK Athletics Card):
Alton Sports: 10% discount
East Street Cycles: 10% on shop items, 5% on bikes (no discount on labour)
Queens Physiotherapy (Farnborough): 10% off initial assessment
- UK Athletics public liability and third party insurance whilst training and competing with Farnham Runners.
Members receive a copy of Footprints, the club’s monthly newsletter which provides details of up and coming events, some training tips, recipes, race reports and the occasional (odd) bit of humour!
Will I need club kit?
If you intend to participate in any of the cross country or road leagues in which the club participates you will need a club vest or T-shirt. Members often run in their club kit at other races, both locally, throughout the UK and some times in other countries!
Club kit can be purchased from Alton Sports.
We also have a range of other club kit for social running and travelling to and from club events. This can be purchased directly from Farnham Runners.
Membership fees for season 2020-21
|Standard (annual)||1st April 2019 – 31st March 2020 inclusive||£45|
|As above and including Get Me Started course||£51|
|Standard (part year)||Joining during July–September||£41|
|Joining during October–December||£36|
|Joining during January–March||£31|
|Discounted (annual)||If aged between 16 and 22yrs in full time education at time of joining||£32|
|Second Claim (annual)||Available to those with a First Claim Membership at another UKA affiliated club||£30|
Note that the full yearly fee is required for members rejoining from the previous year, whatever time of year they rejoin.
Other concessions may be considered by the Chairman.
How to join
There are two ways to join the club:
1. Complete an application form
The application form can be downloaded here, or obtained from a Committee Member.
Once completed email the form to the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form has been processed you will receive an email directly from England Athletics asking for your membership fee, please pay this request by debit or credit card.
2. Transfer from another club
If you are a member of another UK Affiliated running club, you can transfer your membership to Farnham Runners by logging into the UK Athletics member portal, and completing the section entitled ‘Club Transfer’.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
- Jacquie Browne (Club Chairman) on 01252 716647, email: email@example.com or
- Richard Denby (Membership Secretary) on 07900 906797, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or email: email@example.com
- or simply turn up at one of our training sessions and ask to speak to one of our committee members.