This event is only open to members of Farnham Runners and is being run under Covid-related guidance.
The event will start from 8 am on Sunday morning 1 Nov 2020.
You will need to pre-register with Craig Tate-Grimes by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm Friday 30th October 2020.
Runners will be set off in mixed speed groups of six. Each group will be pulled from a hat on the Friday evening before.
Specific rules for this event
- To be eligible to win a trophy, runners must have been a paid up member of Farnham Runners by 1st October 2020.
- Every runner is to wear a number that they will pick up at the club house beforehand.
- All runners must wear high viz colours (no runners to wear Farnham runners tops please).
- There will be no swapping groups!
- Runners will be set off in waves, with about 5 minute gaps.
- If and when you may need to overtake a runner, please do so with care and maintain 2 meters distance.
- Runners must not arrive more than 15 minutes before their start time.
- On finishing the run they must go home and not remain at the club house.
- Only 5 people can be in the club house at any one time and they must wear a mask and still keep socially distanced.
- Each and every runner will be running at their own risk as this run is mainly on open roads.
- Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, it may be necessary to cancel at short notice. If it’s deemed necessary a post will be put on Facebook and a notification emailed out.
Normal rules that will still apply
Members where Farnham Runners is their second claim club are eligible to win trophies only if they have taken part in at least three races for Farnham Runners during the previous season, 2019-20.
The race is divided into the following categories:
- Under 23 Men
- Under 23 Ladies
- Senior Men
- Senior Ladies
- Veteran Men
- Veteran Ladies
- Super Veteran Men (50+, 60+, 70+)
- Super Veteran Ladies (45+, 55+, 64+).
The route takes in a wide variety of the sort of terrain that Farnham Runners train and race over throughout the rest of the year – mostly on roads, with a shorter section through woodlands, and more than a few ‘gentle undulations’ for those who like the hills!