About the Club Championship
The Farnham Runners’ Club Championships are held each year, usually on the last Wednesday of June. The race starts and finishes from the Farnham Runners Club House.
- The race is only open to fully paid-up members of Farnham Runners that have joined the club before the 1st June 2021 (for entry to the 2021 Championship). It is not a race for guests, friends or casual passers-by.
- Members where Farnham Runners is their second claim club are eligible to win trophies only if they have taken part in at least three races for Farnham Runners during the previous season.
- You must wear club colours for the 10k race. No club vest/shirt…no entry.
- The race starts at the time stated…the hooter waits for no one!
- You run at your own risk, just like a normal club evening.
The route takes in a wide variety of the sort of terrain that Farnham Runners train and race over throughout the rest of the year – mostly on roads, with a shorter section through woodlands, and more than a few ‘gentle undulations’ for those who like the hills!
The race is divided into the following categories:
- Under 23 Men
- Under 23 Ladies
- Senior Men
- Senior Ladies
- Veteran Men
- Veteran Ladies
- Super Veteran Men (50+, 60+, 70+)
- Super Veteran Ladies (45+, 55+, 64+).
Following the race we have a BBQ, Hog Roast or (for 2019) paella, with drinks available from the Club House bar.
Race results and press releases
Club Championship results are posted in the club pages.
Club Championship records are posted in the club pages.
Press release for 2020 Club Championship (to follow) »