Training and courses
- Members should be aware that it is their personal responsibility not to turn up to the activity if they test positive for COVID.
- Club runs are from the clubhouse, except on the first Wednesday of the month when they may start from different venues which will be communicated to members.
- Monday and Tuesday coached sessions – to ensure safe coach/athlete ratios, it will also be necessary to keep signing up for these.
Club training sessions
We hold a variety of training sessions throughout the year.
Our UK Athletics qualified coaches are insured to lead sessions in endurance events. We also have coaches qualified to run speed training sessions and beginners courses.
If you think you’d like to have a go then we welcome newcomers at any of our training sessions where you should make yourself known to a committee member.
We meet at our Club House on Wednesdays and Sundays for a variety of training runs in the surrounding countryside (summer) or around the town (winter).
“Improve your speed” sessions
We hold coached sessions on Monday and Tuesday evenings:
- Monday: speed and interval training sessions on an athletics track
At Aldershot Military Stadium
- Tuesday (summer): speed sessions on grass
In Farnham Park
- Tuesday (winter): on-road hill rep and flat speed sessions
Around the town, usually Weybourne and near Water Lane respectively
Courses run by Farnham Runners
Get Me Started
If you new to running then we do also offer our Get Me Started course (formerly “Absolute Beginners”), which is specifically designed to take you through to running a 5km (3 mile) distance over a 9 week period. It will also introduce you to the club, its club sessions and your fellow runners. At the successful end of your course, you will be ready to join our established running groups to continue your development.
Next course start 27th April 2022.
Training at the Charterhouse School Athletics track
We are currently affiliate members of Charterhouse School Athletics track and club members can use the track for training, subject to its availability, until our affiliate membership expires at the end of March 2022.