Become a member
We currently have over 150 members. There is a wide range of ages, abilities and aspirations in our membership so there is no such thing as a 'typical' Farnham Runner.
If you think you'd like to have a go then we welcome newcomers at any of our training sessions where you should make yourself known to a committee member.
What do I get?
Members are entitled to:
- Use of the facilities at our Club House
- Attend any of our training sessions
- Participate in the Club Championship and Club Handicap races
- Accumulate Grand Prix points during the season - and points mean prizes!!
- A reduced entry fee when entering road races
- Attend any of our social events
- A discount at selected local sports stores, companie and orgaisations (show your UK Athletics Card):
- UK Athletics public liability and third party insurance whilst training and competing with Farnham Runners.
Members receive a copy of Footprints, the club's monthly newsletter which provides details of up and coming events, some training tips, recipes, race reports and the occasional (odd) bit of humour!
Farnham Runners Constitution (2017) (PDF-427K)
Will I need club kit?
If you intend to participate in any of the cross country or road leagues in which the club participates you will need a club vest or T-shirt. Members often run in their club kit at other races, both locally, throughout the UK and some times in other countries!
Club kit can be purchased from Alton Sports.
Membership forms can be found in the clubhouse, can be obtained from a Committee Member or downloaded:
- £41 per year (year runs from 1st April – 31st March)
- £37 when joining in July, August, September
- £32 when joining in October, November, December
- £27 when joining in January, February, March.
Note that the full yearly fee is required for members rejoining from the previous year, whatever time of year they rejoin.
A 50% discount is available to those who at the time of joining are:
- Between 16 and 22yrs and in full time education or
- Senior Citizens - 65yrs or over or
- Are joining Farnham Runners as their second claim club.
Other concessions may be considered by the Chairman.